See Searchers (disambiguation) for other related uses.
"If you're going to catch them, you'll have to learn to move quietly."
The Swollen Searchers appearance looks very similar to their original counterparts, but they are slightly larger and are in a hunched position. They have a diseased-like appearance - sporting a lump on their right arm, a thumb on their left hand, the left cheek, and the left side of their back. Their stomachs also possess several large lumps and dents.
Unlike other Searcher types, the Swollen Searchers do not attack, or even outright harm Henry. They stand idle and barely move around. If Henry takes too long while attempting to kill them with the syringe or moves too fast, they vanish into ink and teleport to another location.
They only appear on Level 11 from one task where Henry goes on the next mission by collecting thick ink, teleporting around the metro station and the lunch room 2. Twisted Alice feels disgusted by the Swollen Searchers' appearance while requesting Henry to obtain the syringe and use it for collecting extra-thick ink that they are composed of. Henry must go to Level 11, kill all either two or three Swollen Searchers (if not killing Fisher for one extra-thick ink he obtained) and obtain their extra-thick ink to complete the task. The Swollen Searchers only takes a single hit by Henry's syringe.
A single Swollen Searcher made an extremely minor appearance in this chapter. One can be summoned from the ink pipe by turning the valve in the pillar room. Henry has to use their thick ink for the Ink Maker. After Henry takes the Swollen Searcher's thick ink, it will disappear back into the ink pipe. If Henry wanted to get back thick ink, it will be summoned again.
- All idle moans the Swollen Searchers make are reused from the regular Searchers' death sounds, only edited to a lower-pitch. While one of the taken sounds is still used for the normal Searchers, two of these sounds are actually taken from the Searcher's many unused death sounds which can be found in the game files from Chapter 2's first release.
- There is another ink monster called Swollen Jack which uses the same look from the Swollen Searchers except that he wears a bowler hat.
- Chapter 3: Rise and Fall
- Killing all two or three Swollen Searchers will unlock the "Ultimate Stomachache" achievement.
- There are few earlier differences for the Swollen Searcher's mechanics before the latest update for Chapter 4's release:
- On update patch 1.3.0:
- There were four Swollen Searchers to hunt instead of three along with Fisher lacking the thick ink he obtains.
- The Swollen Searchers can be located around almost any locations besides just Level 11.
- On update patch 1.3.1:
- There were over five Swollen Searchers to hunt.
- On update patch 1.3.0:
- Prior to the release of Chapter 4, the Swollen Searcher was seen in the "Path of the Demon" ending image along with Ink Bendy and all three Butcher Gang enemies.
|The Swollen Searcher's idle sound.|
|The sound of a Swollen Searcher being hit.|
|The sound produced when a Swollen Searcher dies, retreats, or spawns.|
|The sound produced when successfully getting a Swollen Searcher's ink.|
|The sound produced when picking up a Swollen Searcher's ink.|
- "They're just stuffed full of extra-thick ink. It makes me sick! - Physical Alice, Bendy and the Ink Machine: Chapter 3
|Searchers||Miner Searcher • Sammy Searcher • Searcher Boss • Searchers • Searcher Minibosses • Swollen Searchers|
|Lost Ones||Balcony Lost One • Lost Ones • Lost One Player • The Patron|
|JDS members||Grant Cohen • The Projectionist • Sammy Lawrence • Swollen Jack|
|Toon series||Ink Bendy (Beast Bendy) • Brute Boris • Twisted Alice • Fisher • Piper • Striker • Giant Bendy Hand|
|Ink series||Grant Cohen • Sammy Lawrence • Swollen Jack • The Projectionist • Miner Searcher • Sammy Searcher • Searchers • Searcher Boss • Searcher Minibosses • Swollen Searchers • Lost Ones • Balcony Lost One|