"Probably have to melt it all down to be rid of it all."
Shawn has a somewhat twisted sense of humor, shown by the fact that he painted some of the Bendy dolls incorrectly as a practical joke. He appears to be a worker who is not as obsessed with detail as his employer is, and speaks in a working class Dublin accent.
In the Studio
He recalls an encounter with Joey, who chastised him for making a batch of Bendy dolls with a "crooked smile", and remarks that if Joey had wanted to help the situation, he could've given hints on what to do with the piles of Alice Angel merchandise from the warehouse, referring to her as "that angel whatchamacallit".
Shawn remarks that Alice's merchandise is not selling well, and suggests melting the dolls down as a means of getting rid of them rather than keeping them in storage.
Sometime later, he mentions that he bought a "One of a Kind" toolbelt for himself, claiming that it wasn't on his shelf the next day. He candidly notes that he saw a Gent employee wearing a belt that looked exactly like his, leading him to accuse said employee of being the reason for its disappearance.
An audio log where Shawn complains about his toolbelt being stolen can be found at random.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
- Shawn is voiced by a popular Irish YouTuber Seán McLoughlin, better known as Jacksepticeye. Furthermore, McLoughlin, unlike other voice actors, uses his natural speaking voice to voice Shawn Flynn.
- Shawn was originally intended to be voiced by theMeatly, as well as countless others, but due to having troubles with using Irish accent during testing, as well as the fact that none of the other applicants had the accent that theMeatly was going for, he contacted McLoughlin about providing the voice. Having already played the game on his channel, McLoughlin excitedly agreed.
- When listening to Shawn's tape, the pumping of the toy machinery can be heard in the background.
- A tweet on Bendy and the Ink Machine game's official Twitter account hints that Shawn has gone missing after Joey Drew's outburst over the slightly imperfectly-made Bendy dolls.
- When using the Seeing Tool on his tape, the message "Top of the mornin'" can be read, referencing his voice actor's intro catchphrase.
- Shawn is the only employee whose fate remains unclear, his name is not on a coffin and he does not have any letters at Joey's apartment. However, his unused name texture was meant to be revealed by using the Seeing Tool, alluding that the developers intended to make him deceased.
- Shawn Flynn's audio log was added in The Wolf Trials update.
- "7 BEHIND THE SCENES FACTS about "Bendy: Chapter Three!"" - 2:12
- CH3_AudioLog_shawn_crookedsmiles.ogg - Shawn Flyn's audio log | Bendy and the Ink Machine: Chapter 3 - Rise and Fall
- "So what if Shawn painted some of those Bendy toys with crooked smiles? Speaking of Shawn, has anyone seem him around since Mr. Drew blew his lid over those toys? #screenshotsaturday #BATIM" - Bendy. June 23, 2018. Twitter.
|Major characters||Allison Pendle (Allison Angel) • Bertrum Piedmont • Buddy Lewek (Buddy Boris) • Henry Stein • Joey Drew • Norman Polk • Sammy Lawrence • Susie Campbell • Thomas Connor (Tom) • Wally Franks|
|Minor characters||Boris Clone • Grant Cohen • Jack Fain • Lacie Benton • Shawn Flynn • Lost Ones • Balcony Lost One|
|Major characters||Buddy Lewek (Buddy Boris) • Lost One Player • Sammy Lawrence|
|Minor characters||Boris Clone • Emma LaMonte • Jack Fain • Norman Polk • Shawn Flynn • Thomas Connor • Wally Franks • The Patron|