The Seeing Tool is a special tool designed to navigate hidden messages along with symbols and signs, previously owned by Allison Angel.
The Seeing Tool resembles a magnifying glass, though it is rectangular instead of circular. It has a battery pack strapped to the top of the frame, seemingly powering the lights on the inside of the glass. At the bottom is a handle connected via a hinge.
The Seeing Tool is used differently than most of the equipment items. Instead of being used as a weapon or collectible, the Seeing Tool is used to uncover the hidden messages that couldn't be seen before. It can be used on the walls, floor, or ceiling of a room and can also be used to see additional details of another character.
The player is unable to walk when using the Seeing Tool but still can look around the surrounding corridor.
After finishing the chapter and the whole game, a message will appear, informing that the tool can be used to reveal messages across all five chapters, starting at the beginning of Chapter 1.
- Hovering over Allison Angel with the Seeing Tool will reveal a glowing halo above her head.
- Hovering over Tom with the Seeing Tool will reveal a glowing bone in his mouth if the bone was given to Boris in Chapter 3.
- Using the tool on one of the boxes in Chapter 4 will reveal a heart. This is a reference to the Companion Cube from the Portal series.
- Hovering over a coffin will reveal the name of the person to which it belongs.
- The Archives and the Brute Boris fight in Chapter 4 are the only places where the Seeing Tool cannot be used.
- However, if Henry dies once by Brute Boris and then respawns, the Seeing Tool can be used, revealing the following names on the portraits: Daisy, Albert, Porter, Gwendolyn. The significance of this is unknown. The Seeing Tool also reveals a "FRIENDS TO THE END" message above the Ink Maker.
- Henry grunts when pulling up the Seeing Tool, meaning it might be heavy.
- When being used, a droning sound will emit from the Seeing Tool.
- The Seeing Tool may be a reference to the Lens of Truth from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, as they both serve similar purposes, the Seeing Tool revealing messages and the Lens of Truth revealing hidden passages.
This section is empty. You can help out the Bendy Wiki by inserting content here.