See Searchers (disambiguation) for other related uses.
"I don't think so... the Searchers and the Lost Ones built this place..."
Aside from the main variant, there are several unique types of Searcher - the miner searches, the swollen searchers (who themselves have a variant), minibosses, a boss type, and a variant with Sammy's mask.
The Searchers resemble human-based creatures entirely made of black ink and are roughly the same size as Henry. They have very flexible bodies, elongated arms, and the lower part of their bodies seem to melt into puddles of ink. Whenever they crawl to move, they leave ink trails behind. Their ghoulish, human-like faces sport a gaping mouth, two indentations in the place of eyes, and movable broad eyebrows. They seem to be humans, but there legs are stuck in the ink.
Their design in Bendy and the Ink Machine is simple and smooth-textured while appearing more realistic, textured, and a lot human-like in Bendy and the Dark Revival.
They were first witnessed as puddles of inky, bubbly slime in their idle state. Upon being approached, they materialize and attack. The puddles will still remain after killing the Searchers.
When spawned, the Searchers start following Henry until they get the chance to attack. Upon hitting them with a weapon, they will collapse into ink and disappear, allowing Henry to continue. On occasions, they can come in packs. Sometimes, a Searcher can unexpectedly spawn to startle the player.
However, the Searchers can be very dangerous when spawning in large pack. Each will take 6 hits to kill Henry. If Henry takes enough damage from attacks, he will be killed, sending him to a Bendy statue to respawn.
Although their origins were deeply unexplored, the Searchers were implied to be former humans trapped in the realm as hinted by the Lost Harbor's message: "Once people. Now fallen into despair."
As the very first encountered enemies, the Searchers make their first appearance as the only main enemies in this chapter. Their moaning sound is first heard when opening the entrance to the Music Department hall after completing the first puzzle. The Searchers start to become active after activating the "POWER" switch from the stairwell to bring lighting to the area. Before the pack in this department spawns, one Searcher's slime form will be noticed dropping above from the pipe atop the department's logo.
The second wave of Searchers is later encountered in the recording studio after turning the first valve from Sammy's sanctuary. After wiping the second wave out, another Searcher can also spawn in the band area and even inside Sammy's sanctuary upon revisiting.
They spawn in every location except the safehouse and both locations on Level 14 as soon as Henry starts his errands for Twisted Alice. Once killed, the Searcher will re-spawn if Henry goes back to the area after a while.
On Level 9, during the task of defending Twisted Alice's room from the Butcher Gang enemies, Searchers will spawn rapidly around the inner chamber if Henry walks close to the area near the elevator, making the battle confined and risky.
They make their first appearance in a hallway outside the base of Allison Angel and Tom. They can also be seen after the boss fight with Sammy in the Lost Harbor (built by the Searchers with the Lost Ones according to Allison Angel) as ink pools appear, serving as spawn for the Searchers. They work alongside their counterparts, the Miner Searchers, and the Lost Ones to confront Allison, Tom, and Henry.
The Searchers will make a return in the second game, as one is seen twice in the gameplay trailer such as where it attempts to pursue Audrey.
Bendy and the Ink Machine
If Henry manages to outrun the Searchers or get inside the Little Miracle Station, they will vanish and will only reappear if Henry approaches them. Timing may be difficult since they are almost as fast as Henry.
|Axe, Tommy Gun, Pipe Wrench||1-2|
Bendy and the Dark Revival
This section is empty. You can help out the Bendy Wiki by inserting content here.
- The Searcher's original name was the "Seekers".
- The Searchers were made when developing Chapter 2: The Old Song for Bendy and the Ink Machine. The concept art originally depicts the enemies to have a reflective face (additional empty eyes included as well), less smoother body, and three-fingered hands.
- Their model from the second Bendy and the Ink Machine chapter's first release slightly resembles to their original concept art, and they were slower and more fragile. Instead of crawling, they just move in a similar fashion to the slug's movement while swaying their thin arms. They easily collapse into pieces by simply running into Henry for damage or even into obstacles or walls like self-sacrifice. Afterwards, when getting killed, the glob-like masses where the Searchers spawned from slowly shrink into the floor and dissipate.
- The early version of their "idle" model appears to look like a chunk of clay instead of bubbling slime, and killing the Searchers will cause their ink chunk to shrink away. They were removed upon Chapter 3: Rise and Fall's release but re-added with their newer design for the release of Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders.
Bendy and the Ink Machine
- The Searchers had their own Patreon named "The Searcher Dance Party", where Mike Mood showcases their beta models as rag dolls doing random things. Due to theMeatly Games' (before being renamed to Kindly Beast) Patreon account being disabled, the post was deleted.
- The Searcher has an unused animation of them crawling without tilting their body side to side.
- Chapter 2: The Old Song
- From the chapter's first release, each can be spawned from the entrance of Sammy's office and near from the hallway between the Music Department hall and the recording studio while Henry is preparing to solve Sammy's music puzzle.
- There was a bug in the chapter's first release when pausing the game during the encounter, the Searchers' animation will freeze but still moving to make them "slide" towards Henry before collapsing into pieces when close enough. Moments later afterwards, the Searchers will re-spawn but their models are not showing up, leaving their ink trails only visible.
- From Chapter 2's game files of the first pre-update before Chapter 3 was released, there are several unused audio files of the Searchers' dying moans, meant to occur when killing them. These sounds never occur in-game, however. Upon Chapter 3's release, while the Searchers' models are updated, one of the unused death audio files is recycled for newer said sounds.
- After activating the pump switch from Sammy's office, if bringing one Searcher (such as from the infirmary) to the Music Department then get hit by Sammy, the Searcher will keep attacking and still receiving Henry damage. Henry will then die with enough damage but will teleport to the ritual room with Sammy rather than the Bendy statue while the ink effects for respawning still occur. This bug also happens with the Miner Searcher.
- Chapter 3: Rise and Fall
- When walking to Alice's entrance on Level 9's main chamber location to do Twisted Alice's next fetch quest while the Searcher is following after Henry, it will "retreat" to vanish away, similar to the result when Henry head inside the Miracle Station or outrunning.
- Chapter 5: The Last Reel
- In one of the random sketches in the storyboard papers found in Joey's apartment, there is a Searcher wearing a fancy but ridiculous-looking gardener hat.
|Searchers||Miner Searcher • Sammy Searcher • Searcher Boss • Searchers • Searcher Minibosses • Swollen Searchers|
|Lost Ones||Balcony Lost One • Lost Ones • Lost One Player • The Patron|
|JDS members||Grant Cohen • The Projectionist • Sammy Lawrence • Swollen Jack|
|Toon series||Ink Bendy (Beast Bendy) • Brute Boris • Twisted Alice • Fisher • Piper • Striker • Giant Bendy Hand|
|Ink series||Grant Cohen • Sammy Lawrence • Swollen Jack • The Projectionist • Miner Searcher • Sammy Searcher • Searchers • Searcher Boss • Searcher Minibosses • Swollen Searchers • Lost Ones • Balcony Lost One|
|Toon series||Ink Bendy • Piper|