This location is based on an actual house, containing a bedroom, kitchen, restroom, and a living room. From the hall between the doors leading to the bathroom and the living room are overalls, pants, and a pair of boxer shorts hanging on the wall, although they do not belong to either Henry or Buddy Boris. It is currently unknown, how Henry and Buddy Boris got into the safe house.
The chapter begins with Henry rising from an army folding bed in the back of the safehouse. Henry tries to leave the safe house to find another exit. This is prompted with the door lever missing and Henry saying they should go talk to Buddy Boris about it, who is sitting next to the table of the living room. Buddy Boris holds the door lever hostage until Henry makes him some Bacon Soup. Henry must find three cans of bacon soup and prepare them in the pot on the stove. Once it is done, a bowl can be taken to Buddy Boris, who sets down a toolbox on the table. Opening it will reveal that it contains the door lever. Henry must now take it and open the door. Once he opens the door, Buddy Boris can be seen getting out of his seat and then following Henry for the rest of the game toward the end of the chapter.
Safehouse works as a start location in Boris and the Dark Survival and is the only room that isn't randomized. Its purpose is being a hub for a player. The design of the safehouse got a bit changed since Bendy and the Ink Machine, but the main layout remains the same. After collecting 7 cutout pieces that'll appear in this room, the player will see the cutscene for the former self of Daniel Lewek.
It's also the place where Buddy Boris can take his miner hat (during the game tutorial) and his special bone (after being found in one of the lockers). During the Wolf Trails update, a new section of the safehouse has been added with a minigame and an audio recorder that has five recordings of Milla. A door with a sign labeled HELP needs to be unlocked with a Bendy key.
- Before the release of Chapter 4, the bathroom wasn't flooded with ink and the light was brighter.
- After opening the door, Henry can also go back and grab a bone from beside the chest in the initial starting point. Giving said bone to Buddy Boris will give the achievement "Knicknack Paddywack".
- Strangely found in the game files for Chapter 4, there is an image of the safehouse's restroom area lacking any environments.
- The second stall that was previously locked can be unlocked at some playthroughs while searching for Bacon Soup, revealing a Bacon Soup can. This counts towards the Bacon Soup achievement for Chapter 3.
- There is a phonograph in the kitchen area near the round table where Buddy Boris sits next to. It plays the music titled "Thinking of You".
- The toilet sound effect in the bathroom is actually a recording of Mike Mood's own toilet.
|"Thinking of You" music.|
|The sound produced when flushing the toilet.|
|The sound of Buddy Boris's trunk opening.|
|The sound of putting the cans of soup from the safehouse into the pot.|
|The sound of the soup cooking.|
|The sound of Buddy Boris taking the bowl of bacon soup.|
|The sound of Buddy Boris placing the toolbox.|
|The sound of opening the toolbox.|
|The sound of picking up the safehouse's lever handle.|
|The sound of placing the safehouse's lever handle.|
|The sound of the safehouse's door opening.|
|The sound of safehouse's attention prompt showing up.|