"At this point, I don't get what Joey's plan is for this company. The animations sure aren't being finished on time anymore, and I certainly don't see why we need this machine. It's noisy, it's messy, and who needs that much ink anyway?"
The Ink Machine is Joey Drew Studios' purchased machinery from the Bendy Franchise. The massive ink-powered machine was installed by the cartoon studio's owner Joey Drew and the Gent Company to create living entities for the animation company. Wally Franks was the only person allowed to be the attendant to the Ink Machine. It is also the main plot device that's triggering many events because of the ink that flows through the machine.
The machine is large, square, and robust in shape. Its outside is made up of several pipes, gears, pistons, and other attachments. A giant metal barrel filled with ink is connected to the rear of the machine. There is a large nozzle connected to its front, along with long, sprawling pipes underneath. The machine is also portable, being risen up and down the studio by several large, heavy chains.
It becomes apparent that the Ink Machine functions similar to a 3D printer, in which it turns 2D sketches into realistic, physical models. Later on, the Ink Machine becomes enchanted by mysterious circumstances so that it can create living cartoon characters out of living souls. Joey Drew wanted to bring cartoons into the real world using the Ink Machine, starting with Bendy, but the process of it went wrong and caused a corrupted version of Bendy to be born.
Sammy Lawrence mentions that the Ink Machine was installed by Joey Drew from the time when Sammy recorded his first tape, and it started leaking, causing the stairwell to get flooded by ink over three times the month prior afterwards preventing Sammy and other workers from entering and exiting the Music Department.
The Ink Machine was stolen by Joey Drew from its creator Thomas Connor (Tom) after the creation of Ink Bendy. Joey was enraged by the soulless creature and how people would react to the creature, to the point of belittling and firing Thomas for it, before subsequently firing Allison Pendle for siding against Joey Drew's selfish judgment, though not before condemning her for disrespecting his wishes.
- In Chapter 1: Moving Pictures, the Ink Machine can be found within the studio's loading dock, which had been converted into a large shaft for it to be risen up and down from. In order to lift the Ink Machine up, Henry has to put both dry cells into the machine and pull the lever. After bringing the Ink Machine up, Henry's next task is to collect six items scattered around every room of the workshop, restore the ink pressure in the projector room, then finally switch it on via a switch in the break room. Activating the Ink Machine turns out as successful, seen pouring an endless amount of ink behind the now blocked entrance before Ink Bendy pops up. After Ink Bendy flees away while the first floor of the studio begins flooding and collapsing, the Ink Machine lowers back by the chains, descending to lower levels as Henry will later witness during his journey.
- In Chapter 2: The Old Song, a blueprint of the Ink Machine can be found on the office desk inside Sammy's office, which reveals some evident pieces about how the Ink Machine was made. Later on once escaping the ritual room, if one looks to the right where there's an ink puddle, one can see the Ink Machine being lowered with some sand sacks. After escaping from the ritual room, if walking backwards to the locked door from the ink pool to prevent Ink Bendy from popping out, Henry can hear the second Ink Machine itself running along with the whistle made from Bendy.
- In Chapter 3: Rise and Fall, the Ink Machine can be seen being lowered if one goes into the corridor on the right in the trailer room entered by the lever task with Boris. There is a smaller different Ink Machine located under one of the many rooms within the second set of stairs, just above the sunken room. Another blueprint of the Ink Machine can be found in the small workshop located on Level P.
- In Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders, the Ink Machine can be seen being lowered at the end of the cavern just after one of Henry's horror visions ends. The Ink Machine can also be heard within the Haunted House.
- In Chapter 5: The Last Reel, towards the end, the Ink Machine appears which it is seen being lowered to the giant Ink Machine, revealed as only a small part of a bigger mechanical complex localized in the deep caverns of the studio.
- In the epilogue, an old, realistic version of the Ink Machine can be seen in one of the rooms of Joey's apartment. It appears to be very rusty and dirty, much smaller, and has small wheels on the bottom. Gray discs can be seen on the top left.
The Ink Machine will return in Bendy and the Dark Revival, as seen in the name reveal trailer.
- From old updates before the release of Chapter 4, the Ink Machine had a very different model. The machine was far smaller, lacking pipes underneath it along with some amount of details, and missing the chains above.
- The Ink Machine's beta model found above one of the stairways is still used for Chapter 3, however.
- The current design of the Ink Machine is revealed to be inspired by fans' favorite parts from the beta Ink Machine in The Archives.
- Strangely, the plans for the Ink Machine V2 seen from Chapter 2 and 3 almost look, if not, identical to the beta version of the Ink Machine from older updates before Chapter 4's release.
- When morphing the ink toy in Chapter 3, the Ink Machine that is shown is the beta model of the Ink Machine.
- In Chapter 3, the sound of the activated Ink Machine is faintly heard in the background of Wally's third audio log, which is found on one of the barrels next to the waiting room on Level 11.
This section is empty. You can help out the Bendy Wiki by inserting content here.
|Its desc.||the audio.|
|oldest ambiance for the Ink Machine running.....|
|beta ambiance of the Ink Machine running.....|
|splat sounding like juice for the Ink Machine after Ink Bendy appears.|
|the NEW ambiance of the ink machine running!! WOOHOO!!|
|sparks from the Ink Machine. buzz...|
|The beta sound of the Ink Machine and whistle heard from behind the door in Chapter 2.|
|A looping sound of the Ink Machine lift mechanisms heard.|
|The sound of the Ink Machine's ascent now concluding.|
|The sound of the Ink Machine going up from the darkness.|
|Audio Log • Ink Machine • Ink Maker • Music Radio • Phonograph • Projector • Punch Card Stand • Switches • Tasty Eats Machine|
|Transports||Barge • Bridge Machine • Cart • Elevator|
|Misc.||Bendy Statue • Boxes • Cutouts • Ink Toy • Instruments • Little Miracle Station • Spoon • Toilets • Toys|