See Ink (disambiguation) for other related uses.
"Tell me, were they still writhing in your hands?"
It is likely based on a human heart, only to be colored in black from the lower part and white from the upper area. It also has small ink splotches on the pulmonary artery and right ventricle.
Usage and Locations
- In Chapter 3: Rise and Fall, Twisted Alice orders Henry to enter the inky abyss and collect five ink hearts for the last fetch quest while hiding from the Projectionist. These hearts can only be found close to corpses of the Butcher Gang enemies, and the very first ink heart is located from the lifeless Striker's hand at the square deck after the elevator. Four other ink hearts are located randomly around the hall maze, with the danger from the Projectionist always close by. Collecting each one the ink hearts will anger the Projectionist who can start hunting down Henry.
- In Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders, a pile of ink hearts is found on top of the wooden crate from the Maintenance room. However, interacting with the ink hearts will still anger the Projectionist, so Henry should not dare to do so when focusing on finding the lever for activating it in order to reach the upper balcony floor.
- In Chapter 5: The Last Reel, the ink heart appears one final time in Chapter 5, it is to the other side of the frozen ink Chester near the giant Ink Machine entrance. When interacted, the Projectionist's screech will be heard, but he is nowhere to be seen.
The probability for the ink heart to spawn on the map is 8.3%. Even though the ink hearts are present to spawn in the game, they serve no purpose. After collecting one of them, two sounds play and the heart disappears. The amount of collected hearts is saved in the save file.
The ink hearts will reappear in Bendy and the Dark Revival as seen in the official trailer.
- The number of hearts in this game is based on the "5 Hearts" rating.
- Before the release of Chapter 4, collecting ink hearts did not anger the Projectionist.
- Chapter 3: Rise and Fall
- After Chapter 4 was released, there is a bug where Henry only needs three hearts, but the objective is to collect five of them.
- Until the release of Chapter 4, the location of hearts was not randomized.
- Collecting all the ink hearts will unlock the "Darker Places" achievement.
- Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders
- Previously, the Projectionist had to hold one of the ink hearts in his left hand at the first meeting in the Maintenance room, but then this idea was abandoned.
- The quest to locate the ink hearts is added in The Wolf Trials update.
|Objective items||Bendy Doll • Book • Door Lever • Dry Cell • End Reel • Extra-Thick Ink • Gear • Ink Heart • Inkwell • Wally's Keys • Pipe • Record • Special Gear • Turnwheel • Valve Core • Wrench|
|Non-objective items||Bacon Soup • Bone • Disc • Thick Ink|
|Weapons & Tools||Axe • Empty Bacon Soup Can • Flashlight • Gent Pipe • Pipe Wrench • Plunger • Scythe • Seeing Tool • Soup Bowl • Syringe • Tommy Gun|