See Ink (disambiguation) for other related uses.
"Tell me, were they still writhing in your hands?"
It is likely based on a human heart, only to be colored in black from the lower part and white from the upper area.
Interacting with the ink hearts will anger the Projectionist, drawing his attention easily.
These hearts can only be found close to corpses of the Butcher Gang enemies.
The very first ink heart is located from the deceased Striker's hand at the square deck after the elevator. Four other ink hearts are located randomly around the hall maze, when the danger from the Projectionist always close by.
Collecting each one the ink hearts will angers the Projectionist which can start hunting down after Henry.
A pile of interactive ink hearts is found on top of the wooden crate from the Maintenance room. However, interacting the ink hearts will still anger the Projectionist, so Henry should not dare to do so when focusing on finding the lever for activating it in order to reach the upper balcony floor.
The ink heart appears one final time in Chapter 5, it is to the other side of the Chester Easter Egg near the giant Ink Machine entrance. When clicked on, the Projectionist's screech will be heard, but he is nowhere to be seen.
- The number of hearts in this game is based on the "5 Hearts" rating.
- Before the release of Chapter 4, collecting ink hearts did not anger the Projectionist.
Chapter 3: Rise and Fall
- After Chapter 4 was released, there is a bug where Henry only needs three hearts, but the objective is to collect five of them.
- Until the release of Chapter 4, the location of hearts was not randomized.
- Collecting all the ink hearts will unlock the "Darker Places" achievement.
Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders
- Previously, the Projectionist had to hold one of the ink hearts in his left hand at the first meeting in the Maintenance room, but then this idea was abandoned.
and the Ink Machine
| ||Bendy Doll • Book • Door Lever • Dry Cell • End Reel • Extra-Thick Ink • Gear • Ink Heart • Inkwell • Keys • Pipe • Record • Special Gear • Turnwheel • Valve Core • Wrench|
| ||Bacon Soup • Bone • Disc • Thick Ink|
| ||Axe • Balls • Empty Bacon Soup Can • Flashlight • Gent Pipe • Hammer • Pipe Wrench • Plunger • Popgun • Scythe • Seeing Tool • Soup Bowl • Syringe • Throwing Darts • Tommy Gun|
and the Dark Revival
| ||Coming soon.|
in Nightmare Run
| ||Small weapons • Medium weapons • Large weapons|
| ||Bomb • Daze • Fortune • Health Kit • Magnet • Shield|
| ||Bacon Soup (Nightmare Run) • Health Pack|