This article is about the item. For the related item, see Special Gear.
The gear is colored light yellow, and marks on the gear imply that it is made of metal. It had ten cogs in Bendy and the Ink Machine, and seven cogs in Boris and the Dark Survival.
First appearing in Chapter 1: Moving Pictures, the gear is one of the six items needed to fix the Ink Machine. The gear can be found in the chest on the Ink Machine's room balcony when finding one of the dry cells but was not obtainable at first until Henry starts the quest on finding the required items.
Multiple gears have appeared in almost every chapter.
- In Chapter 3: Rise and Fall, although unobtainable, the gears can be seen lying around all around the studio, such as the safehouse, exit hallways, demon path, operation room, etc. There are, however, special gears that are needed to be collected for one of Twisted Alice's fetch quests.
- In Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders, the gear is one of the objects that the Ink Maker can print. In the "Repair The Bridge" objective, the gear must be printed to fix the cart for Henry to across to the other side. Two can also be found in front of Henry at the very start, in Accounting & Finance.
- In Chapter 5: The Last Reel, an unobtainable gear can be found leaning against under the table inside the starting location of the prison area where Allison Angel and Tom kept Henry in prison for few days at the beginning of the chapter. Few gears are also seen being used as steps for Ink Bendy's throne chair inside the throne room.
Gears are one of the randomly generated supplies that Buddy Boris needs to collect before he heads to the next levels.
- The gear resembles the pre-existing gears used for the Ink Machine's prototype model.
- Until the release of Chapter 4, the gear was found randomly in several locations from Chapter 1.
- Ink Machine Room: Found randomly on either both wall sides in the location's earlier build.
- Corridor Paths: Away from the mini workroom area, it is found leaning against the bench next to Bendy's cutout.
- Art Room: Found behind one of the wooden boxes.
|The current sound produced when the gear is collected.|
|The sound produced when placing the gear on the pedestal in the break room.|
|The old sound produced when the gear is collected this is similar to the wrench.|
|Objective items||Bendy Doll • Book • Door Lever • Dry Cell • End Reel • Extra-Thick Ink • Gear • Ink Heart • Inkwell • Wally's Keys • Pipe • Record • Special Gear • Turnwheel • Valve Core • Wrench|
|Non-objective items||Bacon Soup • Bone • Disc • Thick Ink|
|Supplies||Bone • Books • Gear • Music Radio • Plunger • Spoon • Wrench • Ink Heart|
|Collectibles||Scrap • Music Tracks • Tape • Odd Fuse • Lost Paper • Keys • Candle • Dance Blueprint|
|Misc.||Bacon Soup • Miner Hat • Record • Sammy's Mask|