Floor Levels (called
REGULAR_B in the game files depending on the enemy) are randomly-generated locations the player can explore in Boris and the Dark Survival. It is also one of the main settings of the game.
Regular levels are one of the locations in Joey Drew Studios. Their design is pretty simple. They feature two types of floor (wooden and tiled) and three types of walls (proper, wooden [the same as the floor] and another wooden [looking like the ceiling from Bendy and the Ink Machine]). Levels do not have ceilings due to the gameplay perspective.
Every randomly generated level has its center, where the elevator is found. It has 4 corridors in every direction (some of them may be locked because of the level generation). At the left-bottom corner of the room, there's a Little Miracle Station.
Regular levels are one of the places where the player experiences the gameplay part of Boris and the Dark Survival. They play as Buddy Boris , Lost One or Sammy trying to collect six items while running away and hiding in the Little Miracle Stations from the Ink Demon (REGULAR_FLOOR), the Projectionist (REGULAR_P), Twisted Alice (REGULAR_A) or the Butcher Gang (REGULAR_B). If Buddy Boris runs for too long, he has to refill his stamina in the Tasty Eats Machine. He can also find scraps, records, keys, tapes, lost papers, and his special bone. The difficulty of playing increases with the day.
The level generation starts with the game choosing a random number (seed) between 0 and 1000000. The game generates the placement of room prefabs basing on that seed, places items in randomly chosen locations and puts items in the lockers. In the end, a random number is chosen. It's a number between -25 and 67. If the number is negative or equals 0, the level name will be a letter (if the chosen number is -25, the letter that appears is Z, if the number is 0, the letter will be A). If the number is positive, the level name will be that number.
- Due to Boris and the Dark Survival being a 3rd person game, the Levels from the normal, 1st person perspective, cannot be seen normally.
- This is the first type of level that the player encounters in the game.
- Its prefab rooms are called Room_0x in the game files (x being a number between 1 and 9) or Room_y (y being a number between 10 and 17). It's very similar to rooms Room_0 and Room_1 that are prefabs for Level 414.
- The prefabs of the 9th room (Room_09), the 14th room (Room_14), the 15th room (Room_15) and the 16th room (Room_16) have a flying blocked door outside of them.
- The 17th room (Room_17) has a flying plank outside of it.
|Click here to show the gallery.|
Room prefabs used in level generation