"Return to the lift my little errand boy. We have work to do!"
The elevator, also known as the lift by Physical Alice, is a transportation machine installed by GENT. It appears in Chapter 3 of Bendy and the Ink Machine but has fallen into a completely damaged state in Chapter 4.
The elevator is large enough to be used by a group of people. The door itself is a collapsible gate consisting of metal bars that resemble a cage. The elevator has buttons for transporting to different levels and opening/closing the gates. The levels are listed as the following order:
Henry and Boris first enter the elevator when Physical Alice tells them to come down to Level 9. The elevator is then used by Henry to travel between floors during Physical Alice's fetch quests, with Boris staying inside for the remainder of the chapter.
Once all of Physical Alice's tasks are completed, she will allow Henry and Boris to leave in the elevator, only to send it to crash land on Level S so she can kidnap Boris and harvest his organs.
The elevator reappears in the fourth chapter and was revealed in the trailer to be utterly damaged following the previous chapter caused by Physical Alice's betrayal.
- It is called the elevator by Thomas Connor, a term used in the United States (USA) and Canada. It was called lift by Physical Alice and even the objective cards, a different term for other regional countries such as United Kingdom (UK), New Zealand, South Africa, etc.
- Based on Thomas' second audio log, there is more than just one elevator at the studio. However, there is only one elevator in the game.
- Despite the lack of a "Level S" button on the pads, Physical Alice is able to send the elevator down to that level at the end of Chapter 3.
- Level S is the lowest level of the elevator, as right before crash-landing the elevator is shown traveling down its shaft at a ridiculously fast speed.
- According to theMeatly on a "Behind the Scenes" video about Chapter 3, the elevator would often glitch during development, trapping the player inside or outside. Due to that, it was the most difficult moment during development.
- After closing the gates and then pressing one of any level buttons, there is an error when the sound of the gate closing occurs right before the elevator takes Henry to one of the choosing locations.
- Prior to update patch 1.3.1, there is a bug to cause one of three Butcher Gang enemies to clip from the elevator and fall after bringing them to the elevator and activating it.
- In Chapter 4, the elevator's level buttons are absent as a development oversight.
|The ambiance for the transition to the mechwalls to the elevator.|
|The sound produced when the lift is arriving.|
|The elevavtor's ding produced when stopping.|
|The sound produced when the elevator is departing.|
|The sound produced when the elevator's door is opening.|
|The sound produced when the elevator's door is closing.|
|The looped sound of the elevator moving.|
|The looped end sound for the elevator.|
|The looped sound of the elevator falling.|
and the Ink Machine
| ||Audio Log • Ink Machine • Ink Maker • Music Radio • Phonograph • Projector • Punch Card Stand • Switches|
| ||Barge • Bridge Machine • Cart • Elevator|
| ||Bendy Statue • Billiard • Boxes • Ink Toy • Instruments • Little Miracle Station|
|2nd Bendy game|| ||Coming soon.|
in Nightmare Run
| ||Costumes • Obstacles|