This article is about the in-game objects. For the merchandise, see Cutouts (product).
"Who put this here?!"
Cutouts are primary objects making a noteworthy role throughout the Bendy franchise.
The cardboard cutouts are designed with appearance based on a few of Joey Drew Studios' cartoon characters. Their height comes in many different sizes: half of them are about the same height as every person while others are miniature in size like paper dolls.
- Bendy - Based on the Little Devil Bendy. The most recognizable cutout seen scattered throughout the locations.
- Alice Angel - Based on Alice Angel. Only seen several times in Bendy and the Ink Machine: Chapter 3.
- Charley - Based on Charley. It will appear in Bendy and the Dark Revival.
- Barley - Based on Barley. It will appear in Bendy and the Dark Revival.
The Bendy cutouts are usually found in multiple rooms, with some seeming to be able to move on their own, often startling Henry in the process.
One cutout will suddenly appear outside of the break room entrance after preparing the quest to collect the items. Henry questions who put it there and if he walks far ahead and goes back, the cutout has disappeared. After placing all the items in the break room, Henry walks down to the hallway that leads to the theater as the cutout suddenly peeks out from the right side of the said room. When Henry walks in to investigate, it leans against the wall with an ink splat at the cutout's feet, with few more ink splats on the floor as if something has moved the cutout.
The axe allows Henry to chop some of the cutouts into pieces. However, if Henry turns his back to the cutout and then looks, Bendy appears good as new, without any sign of being damaged. This only occurs if the cutout stands in front of a ritual symbol. Those without the symbol will remain in pieces.
Bendy's most notable appearance as a cutout takes place in the recording studio. Looking down from the projector booth, Henry will see Bendy standing front in one of the orchestra chairs, but entering the recording studio afterward will cause Bendy to disappear. Looking up, he can be seen looking down on Henry from the audience booth. If Henry continues to move back and forth between the two rooms, Bendy will eventually take up all the recording studio's seats in a group of nine.
Bendy's cutout is seen popping out from the right side of the entrance to Sammy's sanctuary upon approach after activating the first valve for the ink flow.
Bendy's cutout peeks out from behind a corner from the corridor outside of the toy storage entrance, after passing through either the "angel path" room or the "demon path" room. As Henry rounds it, he is surprised to see that it was Buddy Boris who scared him and was holding the Gent pipe.
After meeting Twisted Alice and agreeing to do favors for her in order to escape, Henry must go to Level K's locations and even the Heavenly Toys room, then find and destroy fifteen cutouts of Bendy with the axe. Every time Henry destroys a Bendy cutout, Ink Bendy will spawn and Henry needs to hide inside the Little Miracle Station until he is gone. After Henry destroys all of the cutouts, Twisted Alice congratulates him, but also warns him that she forgot to mention Ink Bendy hates when people destroy the cutouts and advises Henry to hide when he comes.
The first cutouts of Chapter 5 are located next to one of the waiting benches of the Administration lobby, another one in a Little Miracle Station of the same place and one next to the punch card stand of the same place in the entrance to the desk with the lever.
The Bendy cutout returned in Bendy and the Dark Revival as seen in the gameplay trailer. Charley and Barley cutouts will also be introduced in this game.
Bendy cutout made a return in Boris and the Dark Survival. It can be randomly seen as an environment prop and in the look-hole.
- Both cutouts have a duplicated texture from the back.
- Chapter 1: Moving Pictures
- In the first early trailer for the game, Bendy's cutout from the workroom is standing on the left side of the dresser but is standing away from the filming screen in-game.
- In the earlier prototype, besides the different glove printings, the "outlines" are very thin as seen from the side views, making the cutout as if it is made of paper than cardboard.
- The audio for the violin stroke sound from each cutouts' jumpscare has a very different pitch.
- In the Chapter 3 update upon release, inside the lunch room, Henry is able to move the Bendy cutout by walking towards it and make it fell to the floor (can glitch through the floor occasionally). It is no longer possible on the next update upon Chapter 4's release, however.
- Chapter 2: The Old Song
- Bringing the total of nine Bendy cutouts in the recording studio while completing the music puzzle unlocks the "Strike Up the Band" achievement.
- "Strike up the band" is an idiom meaning to begin the symphony band, while the achievement's title also seems to reference the 1930 Fleischer cartoon of the same name.
- From the chapter's first release, walking backward after activating the ink flow from Sammy's sanctuary will prevent Bendy's cutout from peeking, with no "violin stroke" sound playing. It no longer works anymore after the release of Chapter 3.
- Chapter 3: Rise and Fall
- The Bendy cutouts can only be destroyed by using the axe, despite the multitude of different weapons that Henry can wield.
- Alice cutouts cannot be destroyed by any means, likely an oversight.
- Destroying all fifteen Bendy cutouts to complete this task will unlock the "Anger Management" achievement.
- Prior to update patch 1.3.1, there is a less amount of Bendy cutouts and Henry can only destroy four cutouts instead of fifteen for one of Twisted Alice's tasks.
- Bendy's cutout used to be located on Level P's window-viewing area where it is leaning against the wall with the "I DON'T WANT TO WORK HERE ANYMORE" message.
- The cutout is located next to the river of ink from Level 11's metro station.
|The sound produced when the Bendy cutout pops out from behind a ledge or appears in front of Henry in Bendy and the Ink Machine: Chapter 1.|
|The sound produced when breaking a Bendy cutout in Bendy and the Ink Machine.|
|Audio Log • Ink Machine • Ink Maker • Music Radio • Phonograph • Projector • Punch Card Stand • Switches • Tasty Eats Machine|
|Transports||Barge • Bridge Machine • Cart • Elevator|
|Misc.||Bendy Statue • Boxes • Cutouts • Ink Toy • Instruments • Little Miracle Station • Spoon • Toilets • Toys|
|Audio Log • Elevator • Phonograph • Tasty Eats Machine|
|Misc.||Boxes • Cutouts • Instruments • Little Miracle Station • Lockers • Look-Hole • Mystery Box • Toilets|