This article is about the cartoon character. For his enemy counterpart, see Piper.
Charley, the tallest of the gang, is a nearly bald humanoid whose own species currently unidentified with only few wider, triangular-shaped teeth. He has large ears, oval-shaped head, a black animalistic nose, hair-like sideburns, and a beard with resemblance to Bendy's horns. He wears a tailcoat and vest, a black tie, white gloves, and black shoes.
The leader of the Butcher Gang, Charley is devious, impatient, and hot-tempered. He is morally ambiguous as well as unscrupulous when carrying out his schemes, seen when stealing coins from the cash register in the "Tasty Trio Troubles" cartoon.
- The Butcher Gang (1935) - Charley's first appearance along with Barley and Edgar.
- Tasty Trio Troubles (1935) - As one of the main character. At the restaurant, he's in charge as a cashier.
- Demonic Tonic (year unknown) - With his other members, Charley shrunk and trapped Bendy in a bottle.
There is a horrifically disfigured enemy counterpart named Piper while his original self only appeared in posters and cartoon clips as cameo.
- In Chapter 3: Rise and Fall, Charley and the other two only appear in the "The Butcher Gang" cartoon poster seen at the end of the power hallway where the entrance to the last room on Level K is located, before his enemy counterpart Piper behind tearing the poster into a giant hole by Henry's approach.
- In Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders, Charley with the other members appeared in the "Demonic Tonic" cartoon poster located in the balcony of the Research & Design location.
- In Chapter 5: The Last Reel, a couple of cartoon clips of the Butcher Gang members ("The Butcher Gang "and "Demonic Tonic") are seen in the throne room.
In the upcoming first chapter, Charley's cutout can be found.
- Charley is theMeatly's favorite character of the Butcher Gang group.
- The design for Charley is very similar to the Fleischer cartoon character Grampy because of a similar-looking clothing along with the vest, oval-shaped head with little-to-no hair, pie eyes, and a black nose.
- Due to his confusedly unconfirmed species, Charley was thought to be a chimpanzee judging by the large ears and a black nose similar to the distinctive features of rubberhose monkey characters in vintage cartoon media like Fleischer. The animator TimetheHobo deconfirms this.
- ↑ "Nice! Charley is actually the tallest of the Butcher Gang. Barley is the same height as Bendy. :)" - TimetheHobo. April 8, 2018. Twitter.
- ↑ "Ah my personal favorite member of the Butcher Gang. :)" - theMeatly. March 24, 2020. Twitter
- ↑ "Nice! (Also note: Charley is NOT a chimpanzee.)" - TimetheHobo, September 16, 2018. Twitter.
|Main Cast||Alice Angel • Barley • Bendy • Boris the Wolf • Boswell Lotsabucks • Charley • Edgar|
|Minor Cast||Gingerbread Man • Mr. Snowman • Skeleton • Other characters|
|Noncanon||Cuphead • Toothy Terror|
|Misc.||Real-World Fictional Characters|