The Bone is an item associated with Boris-lookalike characters (Buddy Boris and Tom) of the Cycle.
The bone itself is actually a femur from a human skeleton. It's yellow in appearance, with black lines in random places.
- In Chapter 1: Moving Pictures, the bone can be found in the toolbox if opened near the Boris clone corpse found in the dissection room. Another toolbox with the bone inside is found in the room at the end of the basement.
- In Chapter 3: Rise and Fall, the bone is located at the start of the safe house, behind the suitcase box. The bone will not be obtainable until Henry opens the safe house's door with the lever. Giving it to Buddy Boris will result in him holding the bone in his mouth like an actual canine from throughout the chapter, but disappears from near the chapter's end from Accounting & Finance where Buddy Boris is shaking Henry gently to ensure if Henry's alright. Also, from one of the rooms from the first set of stairways located early on Level 9, there are several identical-looking bones located from the barrel, however, they’re unobtainable.
- In Chapter 4: Colossal Wonders, the bone can be created using the Ink Maker on two occasions. However, it is unobtainable. Brute Boris will appear with a bone in his mouth if Henry gave Buddy Boris a bone in the third chapter.
- In Chapter 5: The Last Reel, while the bone never appeared physically, if Buddy Boris was given the bone in Chapter 3, Henry can use the Seeing Tool on Tom and a bone will appear in his mouth.
The bone is one of the randomly generated supplies that Buddy Boris needs to collect before he heads to the next levels. There's also a hidden bone found in one of the lockers, known as "Boris's Special Bone". Once obtained, Buddy Boris will chew on the bone throughout the whole game until the game is restarted.
- Chapter 3: Rise and Fall
- Giving Buddy Boris the bone unlocks the "Knick-Knack Paddywhack" achievement.
- The description says "Got the poor doggie a bone.". However, Buddy Boris is technically a wolf, despite having close features of a dog.
- The achievement's name "Knick-Knack Paddywhack" along with its description is a reference to the children's 1906 nursery rhyme "This Old Man".
- After giving Buddy Boris a bone, if the player saves their data and restarts the game, the bone Buddy Boris is holding disappears.
- Chapter 5: The Last Reel
- If hacking back to where the Henry falls to the administration department, there is a bone lying on the ground. It is unknown if this is an Easter Egg or not.
|Objective items||Bendy Doll • Book • Door Lever • Dry Cell • End Reel • Extra-Thick Ink • Gear • Ink Heart • Inkwell • Wally's Keys • Pipe • Record • Special Gear • Turnwheel • Valve Core • Wrench|
|Non-objective items||Bacon Soup • Bone • Disc • Thick Ink|
|Supplies||Bone • Books • Gear • Music Radio • Plunger • Spoon • Wrench • Ink Heart|
|Collectibles||Scrap • Music Tracks • Tape • Odd Fuse • Lost Paper • Keys • Candle • Dance Blueprint|
|Misc.||Bacon Soup • Miner Hat • Record • Sammy's Mask|