See Bendy (disambiguation) for other related uses.
Bendy in Nightmare Run (also known as Bendy Run or Nightmare Run) is a mobile spin-off for the Bendy franchise, and was released on mobile devices for free on Google Play and App Store on August 15, 2018. It was developed by Karman Interactive in partnership with Joey Drew Studios Inc. / Kindly Beast and PhatMojo.
Where there’s Bendy, there's always trouble brewing! Dash through lost cartoons recently discovered in the dark vaults of Joey Drew Studios. You'll battle all-new monsters while collecting Bacon Soup and other vintage goodies in this dashing, running, scrambling adventure. The chase is on!
The gameplay itself is similar to other mobile games like Temple Run and Subway Surfers. The game takes place in the Bendy cartoon universe, featuring three playable characters; the titular character Bendy, Boris the Wolf, and Alice Angel. The game includes four playable levels, four boss cartoon monsters (Chester, Gaskette, Canoodle, and Dewey) to beat, collectible Bacon Soup for purchasing, unlockable costumes and weapons, score ratings, minor enemies to impede the player's progress in defeating the monsters (Krawls, Stickles and Gwens), and possible future updates might add some new levels or monsters.
Bendy in Nightmare Run received generally positive reviews with a score of 4.6 out of 5 and 4.5 out of 5 from Google Play and App Store, respectively.
The in-app store is used for buying Bacon Soup amount and official products with either personal amount of Bacon Soup or through payment method (credit/debit card or PayPal). The shop's icon is located between the glove hand and the setting icon from the top right side of the mobile's screen.
- Before its official release, theMeatly sent a pre-alpha copy of this game to YouTubers like Mairusu, FusionZGamer, Razzbowski, Core, etc.
- From each "episode" level buttons, there is a text that reads "Written and directed by Joey Drew" meaning that these levels are based on some of the many cartoons for Bendy's animated show.
- The game is probably inspired from Minion Rush, Sonic Dash, Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, ‘’Subway Surfers’’ and Temple Run.
- The drawings and models for the game were done by a entirely separate team from the original game. However, theMeatly's video announcing the game release featured drawing and animations by TimetheHobo.
- The image of Bendy sitting at a primitive computer, which encourages players to get an account for the game, appears to be based upon the 1931 Disney cartoon, The Barnyard Broadcast.
- In Bendy and the Ink Machine, inside of Joey's apartment there is a paper note containing ideas for ink machine scripts. One of these is in fact a reference to Nightmare Run with the name "Bendy Running Away Adventure" used as a concept.
- This is the only game in the Bendy Franchise to have microtransactions.
|Main series||Bendy and the Ink Machine (Version History) • Boris and the Dark Survival (Version History) • Bendy and the Dark Revival|
|Mobile spin-offs||Bendy in Nightmare Run (Version History)|
|Demos||BATIM Prototype Demo • PAX Demos|