Blocking, sometimes known as banning, is a tool/method used by administrators that prevents a user from contributing the Bendy Wiki for a curtain amount of time or permanently.
Reasons for Block
- Constant repeat of rule-violations.
- Vandalism and harsher non-constructive edits.
- Plagiarism - Copying and pasting infos from websites such as Wikipedia. Taking users' screenshots from sites like Steam is prohibited.
- Insulting or attacking users in a vulgar, negative, or hostile way.
- Repeatedly adding false information in pages.
- Unacceptable usernames, considered as obscene in nature, or used to impersonate/harass users or even popular people.
- Spamming or flooding comments/posts.
- Making explicit statements or jokes.
- Using slurs identified as racist, homophobic, sexist, etc.
- Badge-farming - Making rushed edits or edit-spamming pages to quickly earn badges far ridiculously easier.
- Fluff edits - Publishing tiny or small edits such as changing only few words or adding irrelevant white spaces, especially that users' recent contribution logs get filled with fluff-edits is deemed as excessive fluff-editing. This also applies to leaving the "Minor edit" box (found above the edit summary box) unchecked while publishing such edits.
Vandalism, constant trolling, and behaving suspiciously or violently will land you with an indefinite ban.
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: 3 day block
- 3rd Offense: 1 week block
- 4th Offense: 2 week block
- 5th Offense: 1 month block
- 6th Offense: Infinite block
- Note, if the image prohibited by the rules is uploaded, it will be deleted without a warning. If the image gets re-uploaded and/or if uploading more forbidden images like three times or so, the user will be warned. Repeating violations will lead to a second warning. Still failing to accept the warnings will result of getting blocked for 3 days and so on.
Further Block Notes
- The offense may be so serious that lighter bans may be skipped. Admins give bans at their discretion but follow these ban guidelines.
- Do not remove admin warnings and block messages from your message wall. The warnings and block messages are necessarily used for users to read them over. However, you can still close them if you decide.
- While you are being blocked, DO NOT follow the admins to another Wiki and complain them to unblock you. The answer will be no. You will have to deal with it just like everyone else who did break the rules until your block expires. Any further arguments will extend your ban.
- Posting a message or reply in your own message wall to do nothing but harassing the admin/mod or another user while blocked will cause your message wall rights disabled.
We, the staff team of Bendy Wiki, has a duty to help users out and prevent spam, vandalism, raiding, and abusive/inappropriate behavior from spreading, in order to keep this Wiki safe and civil. Sometime, we may remain temporary offline. Although if you do found someone violating one or more of our rules, or hasn't learned their lesson yet, please immediately send a report to one of the admins, so they can solve this issue sooner.