See Bendy (disambiguation) for other related uses.
Bendy (stylized as BENDY) is a media franchise based around a vintage horror video game series created and owned by Kindly Beast through Joey Drew Studios Inc.. The franchise first started its life since 2017 as a video game project, Bendy and the Ink Machine, created by theMeatly Games before renaming to Kindly Beast a year later. Weeks later after its first chapter's release, the first game received global attention, leading to its success of deserving a franchise to currently spawn some games, books, animated shorts, and a huge line of merchandise products.
Bendy, the titular Little Devil himself, is the icon of the media.
- Main category: Games
The first chapter of the first game Bendy and the Ink Machine was announced on January 30, 2017, and released on February 10th. Four other chapters ran in the release from April 18, 2017 (Chapter 2: The Old Song) to October 26, 2018 (Chapter 5: The Last Reel). The completed edition is released on November 20, 2018, on home consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch) while releasing in mobile ports on December 21, 2018. The second installment, Bendy and the Dark Revival is in the works and will be released in 2020 as a full game.
The first spin-off game, Bendy in Nightmare Run, is released on mobile consoles for free on August 15, 2018. A standalone game, Boris and the Dark Survival released on February 10, 2020, for the franchise's third anniversary.
- Bendy and the Ink Machine (2017-2018)
- Bendy and the Dark Revival (2020)
- Chapter One (2020)
- Chapter Two (2020)
- Chapter Three (2020)
- Chapter Four (2020)
- Chapter Five (2020)
- Hello Bendy (October 27, 2017)
- Main category: Books
The first novel, Dreams Come to Life, was published on September 3, 2019. Sent From Above, the second novel will be published on August 1, 2020.
Joey Drew Studios Employee Handbook is the first guidebook including details and guides about the first game along with other information not seen or mentioned in the game. It was released on July 30, 2019.
Crack-Up is a comic compilation book listing all of the fictional Bendy comic strips from the eras of the 1930s and 1940s. It will be published on September 1, 2020.
- Joey Drew Studios Employee Handbook (July 30, 2019)
- Crack-Up (September 1, 2020)
- Main category: Cartoons
A list of animated Bendy shorts, made for the franchise's ingame universe, is available to watch in Joey Drew Studio Inc.'s YouTube channel. Based on the known short clips seen in Bendy and the Ink Machine: Chapter 5, all of each full cartoons are yet to be released.
- Tombstone Picnic (August 11, 2017 / January 7, 2019)
- Haunted Hijinx (October 31, 2017 / January 21, 2019)
- Snow Sillies (December 24, 2017 / January 15, 2019)
- Cookie Cookin (December 24, 2018)
- Tasty Trio Troubles (February 10, 2019)
- Hellfire Fighter (March 5, 2019)
- Cheap Seats (December 17, 2019)
|1||"Tombstone Picnic"||August 11, 2017
January 7, 2019
|2||"Haunted Hijinx"||October 31, 2017
January 21, 2019
|3||"Snow Sillies"||December 24, 2017
January 15, 2019
|4||"Cookie Cookin"||December 24, 2018|
|5||"Tasty Trio Troubles"||February 10, 2019|
|6||"Hellfire Fighter"||March 5, 2019|
|7||"Cheap Seats"||December 17, 2019|
- Main category: Merchandise
Due to the huge success of the first game, the Bendy merchandise are made and produced by PhatMojo and Funko, two of the popular merchandising companies. Found in both online and public stores, the merchandise products include beanie plush toys, hang clips, T-shirts, action figures, pins, and many more. Most other products can be also purchased in the official Bendy online store, hosted by Joey Drew Studios Inc.
- Main category: Albums
The first early soundtrack album, Bendy and the Ink Machine: Chapter Two Soundtrack, is released on Bandcamp on April 20, 2017. Although it only consists of few tracks from the first two chapters, the album has not been updated to include the rest of the soundtracks even after the last chapter's release.
A completed version of the Bendy and the Ink Machine music album is planned to be available for purchase, but the release date is unconfirmed.
The official compilition album of popular fan songs, Bendy's Inky Megamix, is announced on April 17, 2020 for United Way's COVID-19 relief charity at Tiltify, and whoever donates the charity to reach $5,000.00 will be granted with the album.
- When asked about the franchise's future during David Eddings' interview, David reveals that each future Bendy games will have a chance to include a different animation era.
- The font used for the franchise's logo is DK Black Bamboo. However, the letter "B" is altered to look like it has Bendy's horns.
- Derek Kolstad, the creator of the John Wick franchise, expresses his interest in adapting Bendy and the Ink Machine into a television series along with My Friend Pedro.
- The horror game Dark Deception was originally planned to include Bendy's own level as a DLC, after the Bendy and the Ink Machine game won the poll on February 11, 2019. Unfortunately on August 1, 2019, when the game's creator Glowstick Entertainment requested Joey Drew Studios Inc., the deal was denied (although several fan games based on the concept have been created since then). On August 13, 2019, the Dark Deception cover of the Drawn to Darkness track by Daniel Dombrowsky is uploaded.
- In Showdown Bandit, another game developed by Kindly Beast, Bendy's glove made a cameo appearance where Showdown Bandit can unlock the outfit after completing Mr. Body's sidequest. Also, when wearing the outfit, it features Bendy's facepaint as well as sporting two dots on each hand like gloves.