"This will definitely come in handy."
The axe is a recurring weapon in Bendy and the Ink Machine, equipped in all chapters. It is the very first weapon Henry wields for clearing out the obstacles in his way and defending himself against enemies. Also, It could destroy doors to get to other locations.
Originally for use in an emergency in case of fire, it appears to be based on a fireman's axe, while also resembling a hatchet. It has a pale tan blade and a black handle, with a wooden tube at the top near the axe-head, and ring near the bottom of the handle.
Usage and Locations
The axe is found in the room located in the building's lower level after walking down some service tunnels of the basement, after Henry falls through wooden planks while attempting to escape the flooding workshop. It appears on a workbench next to a small casket.
At the start in the Ritual Room, Henry reclaims the axe that was leaning against one of the coffins, where the game left off at the end of Chapter 1. Its primary use in this chapter is to fight the Searchers, as well as breaking wooden boards. Towards the end of the chapter however, the axe breaks in half as soon as chopping down the last board to clear the hall completely while escaping from the sacrifice room, just before Henry encounters Ink Bendy.
During a series of fetch quests, the axe is given to Henry by Twisted Alice and used to destroy fifteen Bendy cutouts from various locations on Level K. Although, the Alice Angel cutout (seen in the Angel Path room) cannot be broken with the axe.
The axe is only located in the attraction storage. It drops from within the workbench destroyed by Bertrum Piedmont during the boss fight, and is used to destroy the carousel's beam connectors to destroy each crane arms. The axe will soon break in half after breaking all four of Bertrum's crane arms.
The axe appears for the last time in Chapter 5. Tom is seen using it multiple times and Sammy returns using it in an attempt to kill Henry. The player uses the axe to fend off the Searchers and the now-hostile Lost Ones. The axe is lost, after falling down in the decrepit hallway.
Bendy and the Ink Machine
- According to Mike Mood, the axe was added to the game as a random "eh, the end needs something extra" during Chapter 1's development.
- From previous updates before the release of Chapter 3, the axe cannot leave cut marks on anything upon hitting with it.
- The axe is the only weapon to appear in every chapter. Including Chapter ?: The Archives, as Sammy Lawrence is seen wielding it in his "Final Sammy" model.
- Introduced in Chapter 3's update, it is possible for breaking chairs and barrels with the axe. Although this was reverted in the release of Chapter 4.
- This is the second-most powerful weapon in the game.
- Chapter 1: Moving Pictures
- In older updates before Chapter 4's release, with no table added for the basement location's last area, the axe was instead held on a wall mount.
- Chapter 2: The Old Song
- The axe is seen in the post-credits cutscene of Chapter 2's first release, near Sammy's mask from his own remains.
- The axe appeared in Bendy in Nightmare Run as one of the numerous weapons, labeled as a medium-class weapon. Unlike the axe in Bendy and the Ink Machine, in terms of design, it resembles an Indian tomahawk as opposed to a fireman's axe.
- "At some point today 1 year ago the axe was added into #BATIM as a random “eh, the end needs something extra”" - Mike Mood. February 9, 2018. Twitter.
|Combative equipment||Axe • Empty Bacon Soup Can • Gent Pipe • Pipe Wrench • Plunger • Scythe • Syringe • Tommy Gun|
|Non-combative equipment||Flashlight • Seeing Tool • Soup Bowl|